Monday, September 21, 2009

Personal Work.

Why is personal work so important to me? I guess I would have to start with the idea that comes from a place of self expression in which the image's soul purpose is to inspire and provoke without an end game. Interesting compositions to me are always fun as I love the ability to create images that lead the viewers eye and attention. And if I can get a viewer to think a little bit about themselves and the world at large I'm doing a good job. I was once told that one of the reasons why some of my images are so successful is because I am very focused on how the subject matter leaves the frame. I thought that was a very interesting observation, and a very true one. I am always paying very close attention on the corners of my frame through the view finder.